Pennant Finals Cancelled
Posted on: 21 July
Dear Club Captains, Pennant Team Organisers and Members of GMGA,
The announcement by the Vic Premier today that lockdown has been extended for a week (until midnight Tuesday 27 July) also signifies a frustrating end of winter pennant.
The pennant finals for all Divisions scheduled to be played at Shepparton on Sunday (25 July) are CANCELLED
As organisers we have stated from the start and several times since that we cannot extend the season.
Having spoken to the Exec members of the GMGA Committee our decision is to follow the precedent set with the same situation with Women’s Mid-Week Winter Pennant about six weeks ago.
That is, the teams on top of the ladder of each Division will be winners of the Sunday Winter Pennants.
Arrangements will be made in the next couple of weeks to make the presentations to the winning teams.
Women: Shepparton Gold
Div One: Shepparton
Div Two: Hill Top
Div Three Tocumwal
Div Four: Mooroopna
Div Five: Shepparton
I have personally found the last couple of weeks very frustrating, after the hours of work the organising team has devoted to the pennant competition.
It is not the way anyone would like this to finish.
At this point in time I wish to publicly thanks my GMGA Committee Colleagues for their support and assistance, especially Capt Shane Halloran for all his work with draws, results, advice etc and VP Barry Scott for his efforts with results and consultation.
In addition, I wish to thank Rob Woodhouse of Shepparton GC for his regular encouragement and willingness to help.
Similarly, no matter how frustrated/angry I feel, I will thank and share part of an email I received from David Young (Captain Mooroopna GC) last week, which helps to get things into perspective
“please feel confident in the fact that you have tried everything and health takes priority over a few pennants”
Let’s all hope for better pennant seasons in the future.