GMGA Events Cancelled

Posted on: 19 March

Please find attached a memorandum of advice from Golf Australia about Golf Events and the Corona Virus COVID19

Click Here for District events Memo from GA

The GMGA Committee today have agreed to follow the advice of Golf AustraliaIt is with regret that I inform you that the following GMGA events have been “called off”

  1. The Mixed scheduled for Numurkah GC Sunday 29 March
  2. The Gray Barton (men), Gollan, Hicks, Kelly (women) Teams Event scheduled Shepparton Sunday 26 April
  3. Women’s Mid-week Winter Pennant scheduled to start in April

Given the unprecedented and very changing situation related to Corona Virus COVID19 it is best for GMGA to follow advice and to make decisions as early as possible.

The GMGA Committee will review the situation regularly and will make further decisions about our events in late April/early May (and in the hope that Sunday Winter Pennant may go ahead).

The GMGA decision to “call off” the March and April events will mean that we will consider re-scheduling them if at all possible.

Similarly, given the advice in the attached memorandum Clubs need to consider their scheduled “open events”

I understand that some clubs and players will disagree with the GMGA decision.  However, from my position as President of the Association, the most appropriate and responsible decision for all concerned to minimise risk must, and has been, made.

David Roberts


Back to previous page